Our Design Drafting Department has an immediate opening for a motivated,
Mechanical Designer Drafter to join their team.
The ideal candidate will use floor plans and kitchen layouts to design and complete detailed 2D & 3D drawings of commercial kitchen hoods, pollution control units and utility distribution systems. Create and design equipment, mechanisms and optional features
for new and existing products, providing drawings and layouts reflecting concern for function, costs, manufacturability and quality.
- Read floor plans and kitchen layouts; interpret into standard designs.
- Design and draw Fire Suppression.
- Design non-standard wiring diagrams.
- Coordinate specific requirements with customer and clients.
- Assist Sales Team with design issues and customer concerns.
- Assist production personnel with resolving product design issues.
- Assist Sales Team with quoting when necessary
- Create and complete designs as assigned in 2D and 3D to meet cost targets.
- Create bills of material.
- Create/assist with product structures.
- Assist in prototype construction as necessary.
- Assist members of Design Drafting & Engineering Teams by providing layouts, sketches, calculations and tolerance studies as needed.
- Assist with part procurement and construction.
- Proficient in mechanical drafting and design in AutoCAD 2D & 3D (2014 or newer)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong math background
- Read and understand blueprints
- Detail Oriented
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- High Aptitude for creating sense of urgency, accuracy and responsiveness
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Work independently
- Skills to self-check work for completeness and accuracy of work produced
- Results Driven
- Teamwork oriented
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience or trade school required
- 3D Solid Modeling experience; i.e. Creo, ProE, Inventor or Solidworks
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting or (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing this job the employee is:
- While performing this job the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle.
- Employee is occasionally required to walk or operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: vision and ability to adjust and focus, in order to read floor plans, kitchen layouts, mechanical blueprints and specifications.
- Sit at a desk and work on a computer for several hours per day.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- REVIT experience desired
- Ability to read and comprehend floor plans, kitchen layouts, mechanical blueprints and specifications
- Basic understanding of electrical drawings
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting standards.
- Knowledge or experience with fire suppression support in both design and code compliance issues.
- Exposure to manufacturing
- HVAC experience
- Office Environment
- Travel < 10%
- Flexible work schedule required, which may include overtime to meet tight deadlines
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting. If you need an accommodation to apply for this position, due to a disability, please contact HR@Gaylordventilation.com.
Please include resume and cover letter
ITW Gaylord is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. At Gaylord Industries we abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination and support the principles of equal employment opportunity. All hiring and employment practices are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like to learn more about our current job openings, please use the links above.