For more than 75 years, Gaylord has revolutionized kitchen ventilation with systems known for durability, dependability and meticulous attention to detail. Today, Gaylord continues with groundbreaking designs and innovative approaches to solving the two
main priorities facing foodservice operators: energy savings and labor optimization.
As a Supply Chain Manager 2, you will lead and drive the deployment of SCM strategic initiatives to manage the flow of materials across the value stream into the facility, through the facility and outbound, in a way that maximizes on-time delivery while minimizing
inventory and logistics cost. You will be responsible for managing all supply chain/logistics functions on a small/medium scale, which may include production planning, material procurement, inventory control, rate setting, outsourcing, vendor selection, distribution
and Trade Compliance. Provide leadership and direction through focused strategic sourcing, effective supply chain practices and lean inventory management. Logistics and Materials Buyer report to this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day operational aspects of the supply chain function within the Company operations.
- Lead Strategic Sourcing for Gaylord Industries and represent the Business Unit/Division as part of the FEG Cooking Platform
- Ensuring supply chain strategy, practices and initiatives are aligned with the company’s business unit objectives and support the company’s growth strategy.
- Build a supply chain organizational culture that has a high sense of urgency, commitment to value-added services and a sense of accountability.
- Oversee inventory planning and management.
- Work closely with production planning to align production scheduling/purchasing with actual channel consumption.
- Lead the transition from a transactional purchasing department to a strategic sourcing organization.
- Identifies and executes sourcing initiatives that leverage purchasing scale and enhance profitability and global competitiveness.
- Develops and implements sourcing plans to harness economies of scale, drive economic value, and enable business growth.
- Ensure that the plans align well with Gaylord global sourcing, FEG Segment Sourcing and overall with ITW Corporate Sourcing.
- Responsible for all supplier selection and qualification and should ensure that the company’s suppliers are capable of meeting exacting strategic, quality, supply continuity, technology, and commercial requirements.
- Support Company’s “Time to Market” initiative by sourcing requirements for the implementation of innovative new products that differentiate Gaylord in the market by ensuring that all Supplier sourced items meet Company requirements.
- Leads complex and critical negotiations utilizing extensive professional knowledge and experience of principles and techniques of negotiation in the purchasing cycle.
- Designs and implements methods for assessing contractual performance of major suppliers, initiates supplier improvement programs, manages and negotiates variations within and outside scope of contracts, and enforces contract remedies.
- Develops and integrates best practice across company ensuring the best use of effective supply chain tools, techniques and processes.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops sourcing talent.
- Collaborate with other ITW Food Equipment segment and corporate leaders to enable robust career paths.
- Build a diverse, high performing supply chain/sourcing organization
- Build and leverage relationships and networks across the organization.
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements to support the business strategy
- Demonstrated experience influencing Business Unit & Operations leadership teams.
- Proven results in managing and developing talent
- High degree of interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Working experience with Kanban, Vendor Managed Inventory, and pull systems.
- Ability to use personal influence skills rather than position power to persuade others and gain support.
- Planning skills
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programs
- Writing skills
- Minimum of 10+ years broad Operations/Supply Chain experience (5+ years in leadership/supervisory role), preferably in a manufacturing organization, across a multi-location or global business
- Working knowledge or experience in Trade Compliance
- APICS certification
- ERP programs experience (enterprise level)
- Global Experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience
- Training in effective negotiations, procurement, contract law, MRP, Lean Manufacturing techniques and presentations
- BS or BA in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Technical or Engineering
- Demonstrated pursuit of continuing education in procurement and/or materials management
- Office and Warehouse Environment
- Domestic and International Travel may be required.
- This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Please include resume with cover letter.
- No relocation benefits available.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting. If you need an accommodation to apply for this position, due to a disability, please contact HR@ Gaylordventilation.com.
ITW Gaylord is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. At Gaylord Industries we abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination and support the principles of equal employment opportunity. All hiring and employment practices are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like to learn more about our current job openings, please use the links above.